Book your stay at our spacious
and elegantly furnished B & B near Halstead
Visit The Suites at Pannells Ash in Castle Hedingham for a perfect getaway
At the end of 2011, we purchased a 17th-century derelict barn and outbuildings, with the dream of turning the barn into our home and developing the courtyard buildings into self-catering accommodation.
Building works started in July 2012. We finally moved into our gorgeous barn in June 2013 and are so enjoying the space and calmness the building provides. We opened our guest accommodation, The Suites, in the spring of 2014. The look is contemporary and stylish and is everything we could have hoped for!
We would like to thank our architects, David Pocknell and Paul Sheridan at Pocknell Studio for a stunning design. We would also like to thank our builder, Darren Nicolaou and his team at DNPS for an amazing build.
Living in harmony with nature…
Our objective is to live here as sustainably as possible, consequently we have incorporated as much green technology as we can
- All the hot water and underfloor heating throughout is created by an air source heat pump
- Water from the rainwater harvester is used to flush all the loos, water the garden and supply the car wash-down area in the car park
- The mains water, as it enters the property, is filtered and enhanced by a sophisticated water purification system imported from the U.S
- The toiletries we provide are from Faith in Nature and are free from parabens, SLS and SLES
- In the grounds, we have planted a variety of native trees as well as seeding a wildflower meadow to encourage birds, bees and butterflies
- We dredged a very old natural pond to bring it back to life, removing approx. 250 tonnes of sediment which was then spread on the land
- In association with Natural England, we have incorporated within the build and neighbouring trees, boxes and breeding facilities for bats
Contact us to make a booking. Located in Castle Hedingham, Halstead, we welcome guests from around the world