Enjoy a beautiful
rural retreat near Halstead
Experience all that Castle Hedingham has to offer!
Things to do nearby
The Suites at Pannells Ash is located in an idyllic rural setting on the outskirts of the village of Castle Hedingham, Essex.
Whilst staying with us you may like to eat out, here are some suggestions for good food or a relaxing drink:
- The Pheasant at Gestingthorpe
- The Old Moot House, Castle Hedingham
- The Bell Inn, Castle Hedingham
- The White Hart in Great Yeldham
- Little India, Halstead
- The Victory pub and restaurant, Wickham St Pauls
- Shillingfords at The Forager’s Retreat in Pebmarsh
- The Riverside Restaurant, Sudbury
- Alaz Turkish Restaurant, Sudbury
- The Secret Garden, Sudbury
The ancient market town of Sudbury, the birthplace of Thomas Gainsborough, is approximately 6 miles away. Here you will find a variety of shops and places to eat plus a traditional market on Thursdays and Saturdays. In addition, we are spoilt for choice with Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Aldi, and Tesco supermarkets.
Popular destinations and activities you can enjoy
- Plan a visit to Hedingham Castle, explore their beautiful grounds, maybe take a picnic and enjoy the historical setting
- For some train travel nostalgia visit Colne Valley Railway
- Colchester Zoo is home to 270 species set in 60 acres of parkland and lakes and is a popular destination for all ages
- Freeport Designer Village (13 miles)
We also recommend that you take a trip to Maldon (23 miles) where the famous sea salt comes from and see the beautiful old Thames barges floating on the river Blackwater.
If you enjoy walking, there are some lovely walks in and around our area. For detailed information on various routes for a Sunday afternoon stroll or for a more serious trek, visit https://www.walkinginengland.co.uk/suffolk/sudbury.php