Enjoy a beautiful
rural retreat near Halstead
Experience all that Castle Hedingham has to offer!
Things to do nearby
The Suites at Pannells Ash is located in a beautiful, idyllic rural setting in Castle Hedingham, Essex. From exploring the beautiful landscapes of Hedingham Castle to walking in the postcard-perfect surroundings.
Some of our favourite local haunts for good food or a relaxing drink include:
- The Pheasant at Gestingthorpe
- The Old Moot House, Castle Hedingham
- The Bell Inn, Castle Hedingham
- The White Hart in Great Yeldham
- Little India, Halstead
- The Victory pub and restaurant, Wickham St Pauls
- The Riverside Restaurant, Sudbury
- Scutchers Restaurant a bit further away in Long Melford
(9.7 miles) but well worth the trip.
The ancient market town of Sudbury, the birthplace of Thomas Gainsborough, is approximately 4 miles away. Here you will find a variety of shops and places to eat plus a traditional market on Thursdays and Saturdays. In addition, we are spoilt for choice with Waitrose, Aldi, Sainsburys and Tesco supermarkets.
Popular destinations and activities you can enjoy
- Colne Valley Railway (4 miles)
- Colchester Zoo (19 miles)
- Duxford Air Museum (29 miles) throughout the year we are privileged to see Spitfires, Hurricanes, Messerschmitt as well as bigger multi-engined bombers flying over us on their way to or from air displays around the country.
- Freeport Designer Village (13 miles)
We also recommend that you take a trip to Maldon (23 miles) where the famous sea salt comes from and see the beautiful old Thames barges floating on the river Blackwater.
If you enjoy walking, there are some lovely walks in and around our area. For detailed information on various routes for a Sunday afternoon stroll or for a more serious trek, visit https://www.walkinginengland.co.uk/suffolk/sudbury.php
If you fancy an activity or two, you can try fishing, water sports, tennis, golf, horse riding and clay pigeon shooting.
Contact us to make a booking.